Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Beam of Light


Last week as I was visiting Holly* and was immediately overwhelmed by her beaming smile.  In the four months I have known Holly, I have yet to see her without an infectious smile.  She has a zest for life, has yet to be jaded by her working environment.  As we were talking, I was realizing that Holly’s joy is in direct contrast to her surroundings.  In the midst of a dark place with little hope, she exudes joy and reminds me that there is more to each person than their current circumstances.  She is content in the middle of a sticky situation, and I greatly admire her courage and tenacity. As our time ended, I celebrated the fact that His joy can be found even in the scariest of places.  I thanked Him for reminding me that no matter what problems we face, we can choose peace and joy.  I ask that this shining light not be diminished by her circumstances, that she continue to bring joy to each person she encounters.

*Name has been change to protect her identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment