Friday, April 17, 2015

Actions Speak



Today was an adventurous day.  I ended up in a small town hospital helping my Pakistani friend receive a tetanus shot.  As we were waiting for the doctor my friend turned to me and asked:
        “Jennifer, are all American’s as nice as you?”  

I was momentarily left speechless.  I was flattered that she considers me a nice person.  It is always nice to hear compliments.  Above all, it was also a great reminder that actions speak. We were having this conversation in the ER waiting room.  I was putting actions behind my words of friendship and encouragement.  When there was a problem, I was there to help.

This adventure once again highlighted the importance of my actions.  Living and working in a different culture, my actions are being observed by everyone around me.  I might not be able to easily converse with everyone I meet, but they are able to see my attitude, hear if I am complaining under my breath or am not being patient.  My actions are a loud witness to my character.  I want my character to reflect Him at all times.  I desire my actions to prompt this questions from everyone I meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment